As Governor of Rhode Island I will be your voice at the State House. Your voice in the decision making process. And your voice in achieving a better life for all who live in our state. This campaign is our campaign. I will listen to the voices in all our communities. I will act on their behalf. And I will tell the truth. Together, we can make government work better, be more efficient and always respond to the needs of the people. Together we can make this happen.
This campaign is about giving a voice to those who lack one. Our campaign will focus on:
- Green energy jobs and an economy where no one is left behind - moving us from a worker economy to an economy that trains people to be owners, entrepreneurs and business leaders
- Pension reform - keeping promises and giving people the money they deserve
- Reducing our energy needs - eliminating the caps for small business energy efficiency programs, reducing our use of fossil fuels, reducing emissions that cause asthma, cleaning up our neighborhoods
- Recognizing the impacts of climate change and acting on it - Rhode Island can be a leader in carbon incentives, offshore and on-shore wind energy, healthy and energy efficient homes
- Healthy homes and a healthy environment - I have worked to educate contractors on the impacts of disturbing lead paint; worked towards promoting healthy foods, local agriculture,
- farmers’ markets all over Rhode Island; opposing power plants, fracked gas pipelines and LNG facilities which have no place in our state and in our future
- Strengthening our sense of place - increasing the amount of recreational, agriculture and open space lands, preserving our forests, increasing local control over local land use issues
- Securing our water supply - nearly 60% of Rhode Island gets their water from the Scituate yet the land around the reservoir is anything but secure. Public drinking water should never be sold to multinational corporations.
- Balancing our budget - Securing a line item veto, reducing corporate taxes, reducing the budget for our part time legislature
- No one should go hungry or be homeless - I will work with all agencies to end hunger and homelessness
- Changing zoning to allow in-law and working family apartments - “tiny home” ownership and other living arrangements
We can only do this if we all work together. I will be the driving force and your voice towards unity. We need our leaders to be strong, to tell the truth, to give bold new approaches in health care, job creation, the environment and removing barriers between all of the people in Rhode Island and our elected leaders.