Paul A. Roselli - Candidate for Governor of Rhode Island - A Candidate who values People & Policy over Politics.
I grew up in the Branch Avenue/Charles Street area in what is now known as the North End of Providence. In the 1950s and 60’s political upheaval and war was juxtaposed by a proud sense of place and desire for community. I grew up in an extended family with my grandfather and uncle, three siblings and two parents sharing a house that stands today.
My mother Sylvia worked at Lying Inn hospital as a nurse taking care of the premature babies. She loved her work.
I learned how to cook at age seven cooking breakfast for my mother who worked the “graveyard” shift from 11pm to 7 am. I made her breakfast before I went to school each morning she came home from work.
My father worked as an automobile mechanic. I learned how to fish from my father. On weekends going out to places early in the morning all over the state, I saw the beauty of the sunrise next to our oceans and bays.
I discovered early on the fragility of our environment and how our environment impacts the health of our lives and the lives of those we love. My mother contracted ALS - amyotrophic lateral sclerosis - or Lou Gehrig’s Disease - in her early 60s. While many think this is a genetic disease, having seen it first hand, I believe it was our environment that helped tigger this disease in my mother.
Since that time, I have devoted my adult life fighting for causes with passion and energy on issues that can change people’s lives. A list of that work is given below. I hope you have a chance to read it.
Today, this campaign is all about you. How do we get to good paying jobs while saving our forests, our local agriculture, our “foodie” culture, our educational excellence? How can we achieve a new wave of optimism in an era of divisiveness and separation? I believe that if all people, the Progressive Democrats, the Democrats, the Our Revolution, ResistHate, BernieCrats, black, shades of white, Latino, Asian-American, Native American, Salvadorans, the environmentalists, entrepreneurs, business owners and more, work together we can believe in government again.
I got into this race because I had too much I wanted to do to just sit idly by on the sidelines. I have learned in these years, that I am not alone. There are many of us. We together have too much to do, to sit idly by on the sidelines to let others decide our fate. I need you now to step out of the shadows, out from behind those walls and join me for that next chapter in Rhode Island. A new day in Rhode Island. For here, in this place, with you and me side by side, the sun shines bright.
Brief bio of Paul A. Roselli
- Providence, Rhode Island native - Born and raised
- Mapleville, Rhode Island - its where I live now
- Branch Avenue Elementary School
- Windmill Street School
- Esek Hopkins Middle School
- LaSalle Academy - High School
- Bachelor of Science in Plant and Soil Science, URI
- Master’s of Arts in Education, URI
- Master of Science student in Global Environmental Studies, Bryant University
- UMASS Medical - content producer for CBHI, DCF, CANS - Children Adolescents Needs andStrengths
- UMASS Medical - Kennedy Shriver Center for Behavioral Studies, content and line producer
- Warden, Secretary - Town of Burrillville Board of Canvassers election official - 2004, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016
- Lecturer on the Invenergy project - a fracked gas/oil fired power plant proposed for the the middle of the woods in the Blackstone River Valley National Heritage Park of Northwestern Rhode Island; 43 presentations called Learn the Facts, since November 2015
- Volunteer, lobbyist, grass roots organizer - Global, regional, state and local policy making and interactions
- Healthy homes - the first in Rhode Island to help create an on-line class for homeowners, landlords, realtors, foster home providers, property managers about the hazards of lead paint
- Instructor/trainer - certified over 3000 contractors, painters, plumbers, landlords, property managers in hazards of lead paint through the EPA RRP - Renovate Repair and Painting course
- Documentary film maker - topics include agriculture, war generals, autism, social services, Ancient Egyptians, brain cancer
- Executive in-house line producer - CVS, Executive producer for CVS management designing projects on best practices, introduction of new services, award ceremonies, human resources, training
- Film producer, line producer, producer - Brown University
- Film producer - ABACUS
- Safety engineer - EduSafe
- Board member and Secretary Civic Alliance for a Cooler Rhode Island - 2016-present
- Burrillville Land Trust - president/board member - 2005-present
- Blackstone River Watershed Council/Friends of the Blackstone - 2006-present
- Rhode Island Land Trust Council - board member 2002-2015, president
- Burrillville Conservation Commission - 2002-2007
- Rhode Island Association of Conservation Commissions - 2014-present
- Rhode Island Woodland Partnership and co-writer of Forest Fragmentation position statement - 2016-present
- Contributor to the EC4 Greenhouse Gas Reduction committee - 2017
- Burrillville Farmers’ Market - founding member 2004
- Ocean State Toastmasters - 2004-present
- Burrillville School Lunch program - 1988
- Burrillville High School Technology program -1990